M+ actively promotes respect for creators and creators’ rights and is committed to upholding the intellectual property rights of all copyright-holders. M+ seeks to obtain copyright-holders’ permission in advance of publishing images and other content, including on our non-commercial website. However, where rights-holders cannot be identified or their whereabouts remain unknown, M+ is obliged to strike a balance between:
- upholding the rights of consent of creators and copyright-holders
- advancing knowledge of its collections of visual culture among the general public
M+ has decided, on a case-by-case basis, that the responsible balance is to show certain of these works on our non-commercial website and to respectfully invite contact from rights-holders.
If you are a rights-holder and are concerned with material on this website, for which you have not granted permission (or which is not covered by a copyright exception under the Copyright Ordinance CAP 528) please contact M+ in writing stating the following:
- Your contact details
- The full details of the material’s creator
- The exact and full web address (URL) where you found the material
- Proof that you are the rights-holder and a statement that, under penalty of perjury, you are the rights-holder or are an authorised representative.
If you have contact details of copyright-holders for the following artists (the list, below, will be updated periodically), please email firstname.lastname@example.org.